Notre Dame de Paris, Paris
Facts About The Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris (Excerpt from http://www.notredamecathedralparis.com/facts)
1) Notre Dame is 130 meters long, 48 meters wide, 35 meters high. The rose windows have a diameter of 10 meters. The cathedrals pillars have a diameter of 5 meters.
2) Notre Dame is located on the Paris Island called Ile de la Cite, which concentrated the power attributes of France between the 4th and the 14th century.
3) The world famous cathedral is referred to as: Notre Dame de Paris ("Our Lady of Paris" in French), The Notre Dame Cathedral or sometimes just simple "Notre Dame".
4) If you want to visit Notre Dame via the Paris metro: Cite station on line 4. Saint Michel station on RER B and C lines.
5) The towers can be visited - April 1st to September 30th, 10am to 6.30pm (June to August, on Saturday, Sunday, 10am to 11pm) - October 1st to March 31st, 10am to 5.30pm. Last access is 45 mn before closure. Closed on January 1st, in May 1st, December 25th.
6) The twin towers go as high as 69 meters (387 steps). The south tower houses the 13 ton Emmanuel bell.
7) The best time to visit the Notre Dame Cathedral is early in the morning, between Tuesday and Friday.
8) Access to the cathedral is open and free of charge every day of the year, during the opening hours.